Monday, August 10, 2009

Week 3

I wasn't able to go to the Farmer's Market this weekend. =( I still went to H-Mart and Ralphs though. Ralphs is expensive and overpriced but there isn't an Albertson's close by so I go to Ralphs. Plus, there are things I need to get from an American market that I can't get at an Asian market because they cost a lot more at the Asian place. I get my Special K or Honey Bunches of Oats at Ralphs. They have a sale right now for $1.99 Honey Bunches of Oats! They're usually over about $4 so I bought myself 5 boxes. =)

I have a budget of $75 this week because my bf is eating meals with more for half of the week. Saturday ate at Red brick Pizza. I had two special coupons that got 1 individual pizza free with a purchase of a large drink. We paid less than $5 for 2 really good personal sized pizzas. Dinner was at a friend's house for their 30th bday.
One piece of advice to save on groceries. Buy GENERIC BRANDS! They are practically the same thing but no fancy schmancy brand name. Trust me. Food still tastes great.

Here's what I spent my budget on so far.

H Mart (crushed garlic, cantaloupe, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes) - $6.09
Ralphs (turkey sausage, bread, lots of cereal, tomato sauce, turkey spam, spaghetti, milk) - $19.74
Red Brick Pizza (Used coupon) - $5
Pho Bac Ky (Ate here on Sunday for lunch) - $10
Total - $40.83

Remaining = $34.17

No comments:

Post a Comment