Saturday, August 1, 2009

Week 2

Saturday
I did pretty well for my first week. I spent about $2 less than my $50 budget for meals. A few of my meals were shared with my boyfriend too. Yay! Last week two of my lunches didn't cost me anything because they were business meals. Maybe that's what helped put me under my budget?

Anyways, my $50 started again today. I went to my local Farmer's Market and Asian market for this week's ingredients. I bought two cantaloupes, 2 large sweet onions, 3 mini cucumbers and 3 containers of homemade hummus. The hummus was 3 for $10 and the rest of the things cost me $4. I spent $14 total at the Farmer's Market. Not bad considering the hummus should last me a few weeks as my snack food or light meal (hummus and pita bread). =)

I spent another $10.90 at H-Mart. Here's what I bought.
1. beef
2. green pepper
3. cilantro
4. 2 carrots
5. 1 pack of white mushrooms
6. sweet chili sauce
7. crushed garlic
8. rendang sauce (pre-made sauce for rendang-Malaysian beef dish)

Total spent for weekend:
Farmer's Market - $14
H-Mart Asian market - $10.90
= $24.90

Remaining = $25.10

No comments:

Post a Comment