Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Lime Pepper Chicken with Garlic Fried Rice

I typically cook for myself or me and my bf. Because of this, I can't use all of the meat and vegetables I have for one dish. When I buy chicken breast or chicken tenders, I cook half and save the other half for another dish. In this case, I used the first half of the chicken tenders in the Glass Noodles with Chicken & Veggies dish. The second half I placed in a zip lock bag and marinated overnight.

Lime Pepper Chicken
1. Marinate the chicken with 2-3 fresh squeezed lime, salt, black pepper and a few bay leaves. Mix well, seal and leave in the fridge overnight.
2. Next day - Line a glass casserole dish with aluminum foil.
3. Place marinated lime and pepper chicken tenders on the foil. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and more black pepper on each tender. Add places of lime around the casserole dish.
4. Bake in oven on 375F for about 45 minutes. If you have less pieces, you can cook it in under 45 minutes.
5. After it's done baking, place of plate and have a side bowl of soy sauce and garlic to add as needed.


Garlic Fried Rice
* I usually cook this when the rice is a day old and hard from being in the fridge
1. Before you cook the rice in the pan, break it apart as much as you can
2. Heat oil in pan. Add lots of minced garlic and cook until it browns a little
3. Add the rice and season with garlic salt, black pepper and salt.
4. Add in 2 scrambled eggs and cook
5. Cook and mix thoroughly




No comments:

Post a Comment