Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Kalbi Meat

Monday
Yesterday, I went to H-Mart at Diamond Jamboree in Irvine to shop for meat. I bought 1.5lbs kalbi beef, 1lb ground beef and 2lbs chicken breast. I also ended up buying 1 cayote and 2 peaches. It cost me an even $13. For lunch I had left overs and for dinner, I had a business mtg so I didn't spend anything there. It was more small plate type things like calamari, ham & cheese squares and hummus but I got full off it. It was at Andrei's Conscious Cuisine & Cocktails. This is a new place but I love it! I heard that Tuesdays(Reggae) and Fridays have live music from 5-8pm. Happy hour is also everyday from 3-6pm. Awesome place you need to check out if you haven't already.

So my budget remains:
What was left from last time: $32.35 - $13
Remaining = $19.35


Tuesday
I had my usual Special K cereal for breakfast (my fave is the fruits and yogurt flavor) and had left overs for lunch. For dinner I cooked the kalbi beef with sweet onions and made a cucumber salad with tomatoes, peaches and raisins.

Kalbi Beef & Sweet Onions
1. Heat olive oil in pan
2. Add half of 1 sweet onion sliced in rings or cut the rings in half. Cook in the oil
3. Add kalbi beef (the one I bought it pre-marinated)
4. I like to add more black pepper, garlic salt and oyster sauce
5. Cover with lid to cook on medium-high heat (always watch it because it'll cook fast)
6. Remove lid and cook beef until it thickens a bit





1 comment:

  1. Marian, you're too cute. Good luck on your experiment. Maybe I should try it too after learning from your success! It's really hard to do a $50 budget!

    ReplyDelete