Friday, July 24, 2009

Week 1: Getting started

For this experiment, the $50/wk budget will be used for all new groceries I buy. I won't count things I already have. I have a lot of food that I don't cook so it's about time I stop wasting.

I was really excited to start this experiment today. I decided that I should start by cooking dinner. I had leftovers so I decided to combine some to create something new. I had leftover white rice, leftover chicken adobo (Filipino dish) and I had a few eggs. So what did I make? Fried rice!

1. Sautee garlic
2. Add leftover rice
3. Scramble eggs (used 2 eggs)
4. Cut up the chicken in tiny pieces and tossed it in
5. Add black pepper, garlic salt and a little teriyaki sauce

Spent: $0 - Used ingredients I already had








3 comments:

  1. awesome! looks good. Now you just gotta be careful where you get your groceries :)

    and a word of advice, always obey your boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Irvine has the best groceries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummm!! try hitting up 99 Ranch for cheaper veggies!

    ReplyDelete